Toastmasters International is the world’s leading organization devoted to the improvement and development of individual communication and leadership skills.
Toastmasters District 86 serves the heartland of Ontario from Sault Ste Marie in the north to Welland in the south, from Sarnia in the west to Markham in the east - and all communities in between - except Toronto. Created in 2008, District 86 has over 200 Clubs and growing, with 5,000 members, 10 Divisions, and 54 Areas. Our clubs include community clubs, corporate clubs, university / college clubs, government clubs, and bilingual clubs.
District Executive Committee
Learn more about our organization:
Administration - Finance Manager , Administration Manager, Logistics Manager, Parliamentarian
How We Service Members
Members are the heart and foundation of Toastmasters International. Below is a representation of each service level in support of the membership and how they work within Toastmasters International.
Members have opportunities to:
- Gain speaking experience that relates to specific career needs.
- Develop and practice a variety of leadership skills.
- Sharpen their listening and evaluation skills.
- Give regular impromptu talks on assigned topics.
- Learn and practice techniques of effective public speaking.
- Prepare and deliver formal speeches on subjects of their own choosing.
- Learn and practice proper parliamentary procedures.
- Preside over meetings, gaining experience in running effective meetings.
- Gain personal confidence that will help when speaking to one person or one thousand.
About Toastmasters International
District 86 is part of Toastmasters International, a growing organization serving 332,000 members in more than 15,400 clubs in 135 countries. Toastmasters International (www.toastmasters.org) was founded in October 1924 by Dr. Ralph C. Smedley at the YMCA in Santa Ana, California. It is registered as a not for profit educational organization in the state of California.