District 86 General Business Meetings are held at the District 86 Conferences twice a year - Fall and Spring.
- It is a privilege to be a part of Toastmasters International and be able to take an active role in the future of the organization
- To participate in decisions affecting the members of District 86
- To have your say in matters that will affect you and your club
- To enable the district to carry on its business of serving you, the member
Who Can Vote
- District executive members
- Club presidents and club vice presidents education
- An active member of a club who has been assigned a proxy
Your Club's Vote Counts
- Each club has 2 votes. These are sent from the district director, 30 days before the Business Meeting, to the president and vice president education.
- These votes can be assigned by PROXY to any active member who plans to attend the General Business Meeting in person and vote.
- One active member may carry both votes for the club.
- To assign a proxy, download this proxy form:
- President and VP education complete their form and assign their proxies to an active member who will check into the credentials desk, get the ballots and vote at the General Business Meeting.
Voting Process At The General Business Meeting
To vote, you must register and pick up ballots at least one hour before the Business Meeting at the Credentials Desk (next to conference registration desk).
- If you are the president or vice president education, the credentials desk will give you your ballots.
- If you are a representative from the club, please present your proxy forms, and you will be given your ballots.
For further information please see Toastmasters International information on credentials / voting / proxy.