NOTE: Deadline to submit applications for Appointed postions - MARCH 31, 2018 - submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to declare the intent to run for an elected office closed December 15, 2017.
The District Leadership Committee invites Toastmasters in good standing to submit their nominations for the ELECTED & APPOINTED positions on the 2018-2019 District 86 Council. The District Leadership Committee consists of the Chairperson and one Toastmaster in good standing from each of the 10 divisions. Nomination forms are reviewed and potential candidates are interviewed.
District Leadership Committee Members
||Gerald A. Fryer
||Thornhill Club, Advanced Speakers on the Hill
||Point of Tale Toastmasters, Raising Champions Advanced Toastmasters, Chez Nous Toastmasters Club
||Glynis B. D'souza
||Great Minds Advanced Toastmasters
||Richard H. Lewis
||AMEC Foster Wheeler Oakville Toastmasters Club, Oakville Toastmasters Club
||Veronica O. Taylor
||Carol Anne Dowell
||Bolton Banter Toastmasters Club
||True North Toastmasters
||Talbot Trail Toastmasters
||Moustapha Idrissou Oke
||Town and Gown Toastmasters
- ELECTED positions - Members shall declare their intent to run to the District Leadership Committee by December 15, 2017. After interviewing candidates during the Toastmasters Learning Institute (TLI) on January 20, 2018 the District Leadership Committee Report will be presented to District Director and will also be posted here on the District 86 website by the end of March 2018 (4 weeks prior to the election). Elections for District 86 Officers are held at the Spring Conference each year. The officers are elected for the term starting July 1 of that year until June 30 of the following year.
- APPOINTED POSITIONS - Members shall declare their interest for appointed roles to the District Director by March 31, 2018. Candidates will be interviewed by the ELECTED District Leadership Council and appointments will be made after the election.
ELECTED District Positions
- 10 division directors (Divisions A, B, C, D, L, M, N, S, T and W)
- club growth director
- program quality director
- district director
If you wish to serve in an elected position, please send all the forms, as instructed below, to the District Leadership Committee Chairman, Vitaliy Fursov, DTM. Any forms sent to Cathy Herschell, District 86 Director, for the elected positions, will be immediately forwarded to Vitaliy Fursov.
There are many roles and there is sure to be one that will enable you to shine! You can read more about District Leadership Position here.
APPOINTED District Positions
If you wish to serve in any of the appointed positions listed below for 2018-2019, please send the Candidate form, Nomination form, and Officer Agreement and Release form to Cathy Herschell, DTM, District Director, District 86 2017-2018
|area directors (one per area,appointed by DD)
||public relations manager (PRM)
||social media coordinator
|club coach coordinator (appointed by CGD)
|conference chairs (fall and spring-appointed by PQD)
||speakers bureau chair (appointed by PRM)
||Speechcraft coordinator (appointed by CGD)
|club extension chair
||video conferencing coordinator
|district email coordinator
|district leadership chair
||web content manager
|easy-Speak coordinator (appointed by PQD)
|| "Meetup" coordinator
||Youth Leadership coordinator (appointed by CGD)
To complete the Advanced Leader Silver requirements, the positions in bold count towards achieving this level, in addition to the district director, program quality director, club growth director and the 10 division director roles.
Please submit all the following forms to the District Leadership Committee Chairman, Vitaliy Fursov, DTM via email:
- Candidate Application Form
- District Leader Nominating Form
- Officer Agreement and Release Form
- District Leader Biographical Information
- Headshot image (JPG, 225 x 150 pixels)
Who Votes in the Elected District Officers?
Voting members of the District Council are the club presidents, vice presidents education and the members of the district executive committee: district director, program quality director, club growth director, public relations manager, administration manager, finance manager, the immediate past district governor, division directors and area directors.
If the club president and/or vice president education are not able to attend the District 86 Council business meeting, they can delegate their responsibility to another member in their club who is in good standing. The proxy holder must present the proxy form to the credentials desk to get the ballot(s). A quorum is essential to successfully conduct the business meeting. Visit District Election Voting for more details.
Please note there is no charge to attend the business meeting. Even if not attending the conference, any District 86 Toastmaster is able to attend the Saturday afternoon business session free of charge.