C.W. Toastmasters in Elora
Should I Stay or Should I Go?
Our lives are so busy, it’s hard to decide what to participate in and what to leave out. There’s always a reason not to do something, but here’s 3 Reasons to Join CW Toastmasters.
- You get to practice speaking with people who have the same interest / goal as you.
Everyone in Toastmasters wants to become more confident and tip-top while speaking. Whether it’s speaking to a crowd or a potential customer, we all have the same goal – to be better!
- You always get positive encouragement and constructive feedback.
Toastmasters International values the following: Integrity, Respect, Service, and Excellence. The group encourages each other to prepare speeches and to participate in Table Topics (impromptu speaking). You will receive a manual, which outlines different speech types and how to complete one successfully. There’s help and guidance the whole way!
- You don’t have to drive to the “city,” it’s located in Elora!
C.W. Toastmasters is located in the Quarry Commons office space across from the Elora swimming quarry. You don’t have to worry about driving too far to find a club, we’ve got you covered! Also, Elora is one of the most beautiful towns in Ontario!
At this point, you may be asking “How do I get involved?”
First, I should mention that CW Toastmasters meets every Wednesday from 12-1pm.
- Join in on a meeting to get a feel for what it is like – people come and check us out all the time!
- Attend our club contests – they consistently promise an entertaining way to spend a Wednesday noon hour.
- Come to an open house! Open houses typically consist of food, fun, and of course, a speech.
*Check out our Facebook page (Centre Wellington Toastmasters) to see our upcoming open houses and contests coming up in February and March!