Our District has seen unprecedented success over the past few years! Come find out why at the District 86 General Business Meeting at the Fall Conference:
- When: Saturday, November 8, 2014 at 4:00PM
- Where: Best Western Lamplighter Inn and Conference Centre, 591 Wellington Road, London, ON
District 86 will present the latest international news from the 2014 International Conference in Kuala Lumpur, the District 86 success plans, annual budgets, and vote on important District 86 business.
It’s Time For Your Club To Vote
- Each club has 2 votes. These have been given to the President and VP ED
- These votes can be assigned by PROXY to any active member who attends the General Business Meeting
IN PERSON to vote.
- One active member may carry both votes for the club.
- To assign a proxy, download this proxy form: Proxy Form - Nov 8 2014.pdf
- Have the President and VP Ed complete the form and assign the proxy to the active member who will be attending the General Business Meeting.
- Let the District know who the representing active member is by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the email, include: club name, club number, and representatives name.
Voting Process At The General Business Meeting
To vote, you must register at the Credentials Desk (next to registration desk). The Credentials Desk hours are:
- Friday, November 7: 2:00 pm - 6:45 pm
- Saturday, November 8: 7:00 am - 8:00 am and 1:45 pm - 3:45 pm
The General Business Meeting starts at 3:00 pm on Saturday, November 8. Register early as lines can get long at the last minute, and there must be sufficient time to calculate attendance and establish that we have quorum. Coffee will be available immediately outside the room as a courtesy.
If you are the President or VP Education, the credentials desk will give you your ballots.
If you are a representative from the club, please present your proxy forms, and you will be given your ballots.
For further information please see Toastmasters International information on credentials / voting / proxy’s.
We look forward to your participation in conducting important District Business at the General Business Meeting.
And while you're at the General Business meeting, why not consider staying for the whole conference? Check out the Fall Conference page.