Announcing Reach for the Stars 2016-2017
Complete activities & get your stars initialled. Complete 5 or more different activities and submit by April 29, 2017. Be recognized for your achievements and win prizes.
Recognizing and encouraging members to participate in activities outside of their clubs and help across the district. Learn more and increase the quality of the Toastmasters program across District 86.
How It Works
Starts September 24, 2016 – ends April 29, 2017
Cards will be distributed by the area directors at their area speech contests, or can be downloaded (see below).
Complete different activities and get your stars initialled by the club president or the organizing district officer. Collect a minimum of 5 different stars and submit your card to the Program Quality Director – Cathy Herschell in person at the Spring Conference, April 27-29 2017. Or scan and email a PDF file with details to: email@example.com
Choose from 18 activities between club, area, division, or district level. Some are more challenging than others.
- Everyone that submits a completed card will be recognized on the Wall of Stars on the district 86 blog.
- Members collecting 5 different or more stars will be recognized at TLI and or division training events in June 2017 and presented with a token of appreciation Toastmasters pin to be presented by the district.
- Members collecting 10 or more different stars will also receive $50.00 in Toastmasters International gift certificates.
Simple and easy to follow:
- One-time credit per star
- Visiting club’s officer, area or division directors to initial card
- Name must be on website for club coach, sponsor or mentor by April 1st
- Name on conference registration list before cut-off option 1,2 or full only
- Name on TLI or Division round 2 training registration list
- Conference committee chair to sign card for committee members
- Link to media story to be supplied with application
- Successful club lead to be initially by CGD
Contact : Cathy Herschell , Program Quality Director - District 86