Since 2010 Toastmasters International has been working on a new educational program. After many delays and frustrating false starts, we finally have a new education program that, in my opinion, brings Toastmasters International in the 21st century. This program allows TI to compete with some of the best leadership skills programs on the market.
Pathways Learning Experience is a robust education program that will give you opportunities to grow your skills as a leader. The program is divided in five core competencies:
- Public speaking
- Interpersonal communication
- Strategic leadership
You will have a choice between ten paths:
- Dynamic leadership
- Effective coaching
- Innovative planning
- Leadership development
- Motivational strategies
- Persuasive influence
- Presentation mastery
- Strategic relationships
- Team collaboration
- Visionary communication
Each path has five levels:
- Level 1. Mastering fundamentals. This level is the same for everybody regardless of the path you choose. That’s where you will do your Ice Breaker, learn how to evaluate and give feedback and acquire skills on how to research and present your topic.
- Level 2. Learning your style. On this level, you will be introduced to the Toastmaster mentoring program, you will start understanding your leadership/communication style.
- Level 3. Increasing knowledge. On this level, the projects are related to the path you have chosen. For example, if you have chosen Motivational strategies, on Level 3 you will learn about Emotional Intelligence.
- Level 4. Building skills. On that level, you will accelerate your understanding of the subject you choose. For Motivational strategies it means projects around motivating others.
- Level 5. Demonstrating expertise. On that level, you will be asked to reflect on the knowledge and skills you have acquired throughout the Path.
Starting on Level 3 you will be able to add electives to explore other areas you might be interested in that are not part of your path. For Motivational strategies for example, at Level 3 you can choose 2 electives among 12 suggestions. On Level 4 you can choose one among 8 suggestions and on Level 5 you can choose one among 6 suggestions.
Pathways is an exciting new way for you to gain new skills and competencies that you will use in your daily life. At your own pace, you will explore such subjects as: How to Create effective visual aids, how to Create a podcast or how to Prepare for an Interview.
See you on the Path!
Pathways Chief Ambassador
Learn more at: https://www.toastmasters.org/Pathways-Overview