Come to the best part of the Spring 2017 Conference - The District 86 Council Business Meeting! It's free and open for anyone to attend! However, please note, only ballot holders can participate in the meeting, such as make motions, participate in debates, and vote.
When: Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 3:30 PM
Where: Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo, Kitchener Suite
Address: 105 King St E, Kitchener, ON N2G 2K8 (Google Map)
You can't afford to miss District 86 Council Business Meeting! It will be an amazing learning opportunity and lots of fun! It alone will be worth the trip to wonderful Kitchener, Ontario! The event is free and open to all. It will be a great networking opportunity for you, as you will meet the leaders from across the district and hear the reports from your district leaders. If you are looking to introduce something exciting to your club, come to the business meeting, learn the Toastmasters songs, and witness the election of the District Officers for the program year 2017-2018. Please review the District Leadership Committee Report and visit the Candidates Corner.
Who Can Vote
- The president and vice president education of each club have one vote. If neither can attend the District 86 Council Business Meeting, another active member of the club can be assigned both proxies. Once assigned the proxy holder cannot transfer the proxy to another member.
- District Executive Committee members have one vote. This vote cannot be assigned via proxy.
- The proxy is emailed one month ahead of time to all voting members
- To assign a proxy, you can use the proxy form attached in the email or it is available as a download here
- The president and vice president education completes the form and assigns the proxy to an active member of their club who will be attending the District 86 Council Business Meeting
- If the proxy-holder forgot the proxy at home it can be emailed to Credentials Committee Chair, District 86 Immediate Past District Director, Janice McDonald, DTM at IPdistrictdirector@toastmasters86.org
- If the president or vice president education forgot to assign the proxy, the information can be emailed from the club president or vice president education to the proxy-holder. The email must contain: the district number; a description of the event (i.e. District 86 Council Business Meeting); the date and location of the meeting (i.e. Nov. 14, 2015, Blue Mountains); the club name and number; the name of the club president or vice president education; the name of the active member who will be attending as the proxy-holder. The date of the email will be the date of the proxy. The proxy-holder must print out the email and present the printed copy to the credentials desk.
How to Vote
You must register at the credentials desk (next to registration desk). The hours are:
Friday, April 28: 3:00 PM - 6:45 PM and 9:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Saturday, April 29: 8:00 AM - 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM - 3:15 PM
At the credentials desk:
- The president or vice president education will be given their ballot(s)
- The proxy-holder will be given their ballot(s) in exchange for their completed proxy form
- The District Executive Committee members will be given their ballot
- Copies of the reports and minutes will be available as well.
If you are attending the District 86 Council Business Meeting only, please be at the credentials desk no later than 3:00 PM on Saturday April 29, 2017. If you arrive at 3:15 PM you will not be in time to receive your ballot.
The credentials desk will close at 3:15 PM in order to allow sufficient time to calculate attendance and establish whether there is quorum.
The District 86 Council Business Meeting will start at 3:30 PM on Saturday, April 29, 2017.
Rather than attending only the District 86 Council Business Meeting, we encourage you to attend the entire conference!
The last day to register is April 21, 2017. You can register here.
We look forward to seeing you there!