It's that wonderful time of the year again, when ...
- Members step up and do something they've never done before – they enter a contest for the very first time!
- Members dream of competing at a higher level than they've ever reached before – they advance to area, division or district level!
- Members heighten their ability to speak off the cuff – they sign up for the Table Topics Contest!
- Members enjoy making others laugh – they enter the Humourous Speech Contest!
Do you see yourself in one of the above four scenarios? Or do you say, "I didn't join Toastmasters to compete."? I hear you. I felt the very same way when I joined. I joined Toastmasters to learn how to present - not to compete. However, I tried it and I liked it because I learned so much. It was like taking the fast track and improving by leaps and bounds rather than by baby steps.
Participate As A Speech Contestant
Try It, You'll Like It! This is one of the most beneficial opportunities the Toastmasters organization provides to YOU! Think of competing as simply Being At Your Best in front of a larger than usual audience. It's an opportunity for you to shine and prove to yourself that you can step out of your comfort zone!
Participate As A Speech Contest Organizer
Throughout the District, we're looking for people to step up and become contest chairs, chief judges, contestants, judges, timers, counters and support to promote and organize the club, area, and division Humorous Speech and Table Topics Contests. These contests will occur in September and October.
Fabulous Tools for Speech Contest Planning
- How to Organize a Club Contest (And not lose your mind or your cool!)
- Newly Revised Speech Contest Scripts
You will find them here:
We look forward to cheering on our contestants and hearing the best of the best at the District Humorous and Table Topics Speech Contests at our District 86 Fall Conference on November 8 + 9, 2014 in London, ON.
If you haven't registered yet - check out the Fall Conference page - we hope to see you there.