South Mississauga Toastmasters Speech Contests is on snapd
District 86 Toastmasters, South Mississauga Division D, held a competition in mid-October. The winners of the contest earned a spot in the District contest at the Fall Conference in London, Ontario. Aside from all of these high stakes, however, the evening was extremely fun as well! There were two categories: table topics and humorous speech. Each contestant could be seen before the competition started, preparing to do a great job on stage! Of course, there was also an enthusiastic and supportive audience present. Everyone came together to enjoy some refreshments, mix and mingle and watch some great competition! These contests are a part of Toastmasters’ educational program.
Photos by Alizeh Jaffrey
We just wanted to let you know that the event you submitted to SNAP South Mississauga has been published! You can view and share the photos online here: snapd
What's Happening in Division A!
With just 3 months gone in the 2014-15 year, Division A members and clubs can be proud of all these accomplishments:
- 24 of 27 active clubs had at least 4 of their club officers trained in June. Unionville and Hilltop trained all 7 officers – congratulations!
- We earned 42 Educational Awards, from CC and CL all the way to DTM, along with 2 HPL projects (a 24% increase from last year).
- All 27 continuing clubs submitted their dues on time.
- 2 new clubs – GE Markham and FrancoFun - had their charter parties.
- 3 clubs – Thornhill, Destiny and FC&L - have 5 or more DCP points already! Fluid Communicators and Leaders even paid its second renewal for 20 members in order to become Distinguished.
We have 4 additional DTM’s in the Division:
- Karim Premji; Carolyn Bray; Gerry Fryer; and Tessa Benn-Ireland.
Three Toastmasters have earned the Triple Crown Pin by achieving 3 awards in the same year:
- Karen Walters; Karim Premji; and Gerry Fryer.
These Division A champions have been selected for District 86 awards based on their great efforts last year:
Division Governor of the Year: Karim Premji, DTM
Area Governor of the Year : Rowan Faludi, ACG, ALB
Club Coach of the Year : Paul Lynott, DTM
We have also been active in running many contests, and will be doing more, culminating in the Division Contest on October 16th.
Let’s build on this fine beginning to construct a fabulous year in 2014-15!
Gerry Fryer, DTM
Division A Governor
District 86 Toastmasters