On April 1st 2014, the Member Communication and Engagement Committee kicked off a project to look at the COMMUNICATIONS processes, applications, technology, organization, and governance of District 86. We started with a survey of all District Officers, Division Governors, Area Governors, and Club Presidents. We learned a lot from you. The top three items that came out of the survey were:
- Make it easier to figure out who to contact for various needs
- Make it easier to figure out how to do things within District 86 and Toastmasters
- Make it easier to find out when things are
And we listened.
Updating how we communicate on our website - our new Digital Channel - was critical. Today, June 30, 2014 - we are doing a soft-launch of this site. This coming weekend at the District Executive Committee meetings, Division and Area Governors will add their information to all their pages - as part of our new "crowdsourcing content" strategy - one that will allow for more contributors, and richer information for all members.
Over the next few weeks, the MCEC committee will be completing it's report, and starting a sustainable education process to help everyone get more out of District 86 via:
- better information at your moment of need
- better ways for you to contribute information to share your ideas, practices, and milestones.
Just like the Toastmasters journey, this will take some patience and time. We look forward to your support.
Member Communications and Engagement Committee
Reema Duggal (Chair), Dennis Bartel, Justin O'Donnell, Tuula Redditt, Chris Brown, Craig French, Hitesh Parmar