The Communication and Leadership Award is now open for nominees
Honour a businessperson, community leader, local politician, or media person with this award!
The Communication and Leadership (C&L) Award is presented by District 86 to recognize a non-Toastmaster in the community who is an outstanding communicator or leader.
Call for nominations starts now!
Deadline to submit nominations is March 31, 2023.
A recipient will be announced at the annual Spring conference April 21 – 23, 2023.
The contribution may be recognized during the past year or over a number of years.
- Must be a resident of the geographical area covered by District 86
- Must be a non-Toastmaster, can be a former Toastmaster;
- Should have distinguished himself/herself as a leader or spokesperson for a worthy cause or purpose, especially as it exemplified their communication and leadership skills;
- Made a significant contribution to the communities within the District. The impact of this contribution must not be limited to one organization, but must be community or district wide.
- Should support Toastmasters organization.
- Must be able to personally accept the award and give an acceptance address at the District 86 Spring Conference; and,
- Must be a skilled communicator/speaker.
This award may not be presented to a recipient a second time.
A person who has become a public official, a business leader, an academic leader, or who is successful in other fields of endeavour would be an excellent nominee.
The Nominations Committee will consider all submissions; however, the award will not be presented unless the committee agrees the nominee meets all the standards for this award.
Contact the District Public Relations Manager, Matthew Ogbulafor, DTM at publicrelationsmanager@Toastmasters86.org
C and L Award Application
Past C and L Award Winners
Jane Roy and Glen Pearson